Emily is a qualified Social Worker with a background in working with children who have experienced trauma and their families. Emily has a passion for supporting children and helping them to heal and grow.
Emily has completed a Certificate of Play Therapy Studies through the Centre for Play Therapy in Brisbane. She has used her Child Centred Play Therapy skills in working therapeutically with children in out of home care and those living with their families in her previous therapy role. Emily has a strong focus on trauma informed, child centred and attachment based work with children. Emily enjoys working closely with children’s families and caregivers to provide strategies and education around supporting children who have experienced trauma.
Emily is working towards her accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker and clinical registration with the Play Therapy Practitioners Association.
- Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Science Combined (Psychology) – University of Tasmania (2008 – 2011)
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies – University of Sydney (2011 – 2013)
- Master of Social Work (qualifying) – Griffith University (2016)
- Certificate of Play Therapy Studies – Centre for Play Therapy (2018)
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Associate Member- Play Therapy Practitioners Association (PTPA)