Helena is a qualified Social Worker with a background working as a mental health clinician with children and young people since 2015.
Helena is passionate about providing support to children and their families with the goal of reducing poorer mental health outcomes in the future.
Helena enjoys advancing her knowledge and skills specifically in the field of attachment and trauma informed theories and practices, including Circle of Security Facilitator training, Theraplay informed practices and recently Play Therapy.
Helena recognises the privilege she has in sharing a child and their families lives. When working with families she uses a recovery based framework to achieve client goals.
- Certificate 3 in Children Services
- Bachelor of Science Psychology
- Master of Social Work
- Post graduate Certificate Applied Mental Health - Child & Youth
- Postgraduate Certificate in Play Therapy studies, Centre for Play Therapy (2020)
- Associate member, Play Therapy Practitioners Association of Australia (PTPA)