Paul is a qualified Social Worker and a registered member of the AASW who has worked with children and families in various settings.
His experience has spanned over ten years across Scotland and Australia. Paul’s frontline roles include Case Management, Youth Work, Residential Care, Supported Housing and Mental Health Support Work.
More recently, Paul has provided Therapeutic Case Management to address inequalities faced by families to preserve the family unit. During this role, Paul completed a Certificate in Play Therapy Studies at the Centre for Play Therapy.
Paul maintains a non-judgemental, trauma-informed, holistic and child-centred approach to working with children and their parents/carers. Paul greatly values relationship-based practice and the opportunity to work collaboratively with families throughout their journeys.
Paul is looking forward to the prospect of offering child-centred play therapy to children and guiding their parents/carers who are exploring ways for their children to heal from complex and challenging circumstances.
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Certificate of Play Therapy Studies, Centre for Play Therapy (2019)
- Level One Theraplay & Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) (2019)
- Master of Social Work (MSW), The University of Edinburgh (2013-2015)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology with Honours, Glasgow Caledonian University (2006-2011