Penny is a qualified Social Worker, graduating in 2001, later going on to do post graduate studies in Counselling, finishing in 2010.
She has been working for the past seven years as a School Counsellor in a Prep to Year 12 school in regional Western Australia working directly with a wide range of students and managing the Student Support Team. Prior to this Penny worked as a social worker in regional and metropolitan hospitals in WA, supporting her clients with a variety of different health difficulties and social issues.
Penny is passionate about early intervention in mental health, helping young people develop the skills they need to have a healthy and successful future and handle life’s challenges. She works from a strengths perspective and believes that play therapy is the best way to help children express themselves and learn the skills that will help them grow and reach their potential.
- Bachelor of Social Work- (2001)
- Graduate Diploma of Social Science (Counselling)- (2011)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy studies, Centre for Play Therapy (2021)
- Accredited member of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Associate member, Play Therapy Practitioners Association of Australia (PTPA)