Kylie is a Registered Counsellor, Registered Play Therapist and Play Therapist- Supervisor who has been working with children, young people and families in the human services field for the past 19 years.
Kylie commenced her career working alongside mental health practitioners in adult mental health, before moving into the area of child protection and disabilities.
In 2016, Kylie discovered a passion for Child Centered Play Therapy as a way of working alongside children and their parents/ carers. Subsequently, Kylie established Centre for Play Therapy, an organisation committed to supporting children to work through difficult feelings and experiences through the provision of Child Centred Play Therapy services. Today the organisation operates across South- East Queensland, with a commitment to accessibility of play therapy services in Australia.
In 2021 along with Centre for Play Therapy, Kylie co- founded Play Therapy Training Australia, to offer a professional training program and provide a pathway to registration as a play therapist for professionals in Australia.
Along with overseeing both companies, Kylie is the founder and current President of the Play Therapy Practitioners Association, a professional association established for those interested in or trained as play therapists in Australia.
Kylie is passionate about creating a community of play therapy practitioners that fosters access to training and therapy services along with advocacy for play therapy in both the community and professional arenas.
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), University of Queensland (2004)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology, Bond University (2009)
- Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy, Australian College of Applied Psychology (2019)
- Advanced Clinical Training (Play Therapy), Play Therapy Australia (2015)
- Rise UP Individual and Group Clinical Supervision Certificate (2023)
- Registered Counsellor, Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Registered Play Therapist- Supervisor, Play Therapy Practitioners Association (PTPA)